Weekend Trips!

Happy Monday! 

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I have actually been traveling the first couple weekends of July and it has been great! The first weekend of July I went to Vegas with my brother and had a brother sister trip. It was so much fun, but WOW! Vegas is pretty expensive. But, of course we went on the hottest weekend when it was 110 outside! So, you could say that we were by the pool the whole time.  We had a ton of great food and went to a show called "Absinthe", the best way to describe the show was, the most inappropriate and hilarious acrobatic show. I would recommend it to anyone 18+. In all, it was a great weekend, and was so happy to see my brother!

This past weekend Ryan and I took a spontaneous trip to Austin. We stayed at the Omni Hotel, which is a great hotel to stay at if you ever want to stay for a long weekend. As you know, Austin is such a great city filled with so many things to do. What I like about Austin is there are SO many outdoor activities you can participate in. So Ryan and I decided to hike Barton Greenbelt in the morning before it got really hot and it goes on for about 12 miles! We only hiked about 2.5 miles of it... we got hungry. But, the trail is so pretty with a creek that follows along side of you. A lot of people bring their dogs and is a very friendly place! I would recommend this place to anyone who wants an outdoor experience. 

Our brunch was at this place called Moonshine Patio, and Oh my did they have great food. I ordered the chicken and waffles, and the chicken has the best flavoring to it! On Sundays they have a great buffet brunch that I wish I could have tried. 

Walking around the city is really fun, but overwhelming at the same time because there are so many things to do! We just walked through all the fun shops and of course stopped at Gourdough's Donuts! Food trucks are a MUST in Austin, and this is one of the best. 

I bet you have seen the fun walls around the city and of course the one I wanted was about 4 miles away... so we walked... in the heat... I know, very smart on my part. BUT! It was worth it! 

We also met up with some friends at a fun bar on W, 6th street and it was a lot of fun!  I could go on forever about how fun this place is. I know I will be making more trips because there is no way you can see and do everything in a weekend. I want to show you some of the photos from my vacations!


This is the wall that we walked through the heat to find! But, I thought it was really cool because it matched my shorts :) These shorts are high waisted shorts from Target for only $17.99! They are the tropical print shorts that were actually inspired by the movie Jurassic World that just came out. Super cute and breathable, perfect for this heat! I matched this with a white crop top, but so many different colors would go with this. Try and match some of the colors that aren't so bold in the print, so maybe a black, blue or even a salmon color! 
From this post you can tell I love food! Gourdoughs is one of the best donuts that I have had! This one had hot fudge, gummy worms and oreos on top! Helpful hint: Don't count calories on vacations! 


My brother and I couldn't take pictures in the show, but this was the Vegas show that I highly recommend! It is in a Circus tent with about 75 seats. They interact with the audience and make you feel apart of the show! If you are ever there, check it out! 

This dress is from Francescas  I bought it over a year ago so I don't think they have the same print, but I know they have a to of fun dresses like this! 

These are just my weekend get-aways that are so fun and can easily be done! Especially the Austin trip! It's all about planning and budgeting :) I plan on going on a lot more adventures so I will keep you posted. 


Have a great week! :)

XOXO Miss Bargainer 








Comments

Popular Posts